The pathetic state of the people

Posted in By Uddalok Sen 0 comments


I was watching a film with two of my very close acquaintances.This movie was about the Gujarat riots in 2002.The film showed how some fanatical Hindus were slaughtering the Muslims.The film went to some film festivals and also got a few critics awards for best film.At the end of the film, one of them remarked "The minority community(it is said that the Muslims are the minority community in India) is killed, so a film is made.Why don't they make a film about the killing of the Hindus?"The other added "Even if a film was made, it wouldn't have got the awards."

i just stared in awe...

Another day, I was giving a girl, 5 yrs junior to me a lecture about "civics"(I have not studied "civics" my whole life).It was not exactly a lecture, an informal discussion rather.The chapter was on "terrorism".I don't quite remember the exact context, but I remember that suddenly she remarked,"These Muslims should be beaten up and driven out of the country."

i could hardly believe my ears...

The preamble states that India is a secular country.

i do'nt think it is...